Jamie Limond BA (Hons) MA MSc HNDip IEng MIET
My artwork is dominated by a heightened sense of mortality, borne out of receiving a devastating diagnosis. I investigate the human condition at its fringes, being broken. I explore our responses to existence and temporality, considering how these states impact on the human condition. Beyond this I am interested in philosophy and how it may help me as an artist to create art that communicates most authentically. I am a postgraduate researcher, working towards a doctorate in Fine Art.
My practice is informed with an engineer’s understanding of materials and a keen appreciation for art history; employing a multidisciplinary approach with no particular preference to one medium.
My influences include Joseph Beuys, Anselm Kiefer, Christian Boltanski, and Anya Gallaccio.
Born in 1974, I live and work in Suffolk, England.
- W&B Gallery, Sudbury (Jun-Jul 2014)
Selected Group Exhibitions
- To Begin at the Beginning, The Peter Pears Gallery, Aldeburgh (18th Sept – 22nd Sept 2020).
- Harwich Shorts, Harwich Festival of the Arts, online (25th June – 31st July 2020).
- Impact, Chiaya Art Award, online (15 Jun to 30 Sept 2020).
- Finé Art, Foyer, UoS, Ipswich (Aug 2019).
- Alive in the Universe, May You Live in Interesting Times. Associazione Eventi d’arte e d’architettura, 58th Venice Beinnalé (May-Jun 2019) [short film].
- tbc, Waterfront Gallery, Ipswich (Apr 2019).
- Alive in the Universe, The Lookout, Aldeburgh (20th Aug 2018).
- Fate (tbc), Installation Space, UoS, Ipswich (Jun 2017).
- Inhumanity Scratched-out, Fine Art / English Collaboration, UoS (Jun 2017).
- Inhumanity Series Exhibition, School of Art & Design Gallery, University of Sulaimani, Kurdistan (31 May 2017).
- Inhumanity Series Exhibition, Art-Expo, Shanidar Gallery, Erbil, Iraq (May 2017).
- Blueshift Paradigm (auction), Waterfront Building, Ipswich (Mar 2017).
- Scarred FOR Life Exhibition, Waterfront Gallery, Ipswich (Apr 2016).
- Time Installation, Freudian Sheep Gallery, Ipswich (Feb 2016).
- The Summer Exhibition, Prettys Solicitors (Jul-Jan 2015).
- Injustice Exhibition, La Galleria, Pall Mall, London (Sept 2014).
- Into the Sun Exhibition, Kersey’s (May 2014).
- British Contemporary Painting Exhibition, Crypt Gallery, London (2014).
- Various Exhibitions, Freudian Sheep Gallery, Ipswich (2016-2014).
- Trafalgar Exhibition, Prettys Solicitors, Ipswich (2013).
- Gainsborough Print Exhibition, Edmunds Gallery, Bury St. Edmunds (2013).
- Tracing Britten Exhibition, The Cinema Gallery, Aldeburgh (2013).
- Clockmakers Exhibition, Sotheby’s Gallery, London (2013).
- Twenty-thirteen Exhibition, Atrium Gallery, Ipswich (2013).
- Langlands & Bell Exhibition, Waterfront Gallery, Ipswich (2011).
- Attwells Solicitors Fine Art Competition [Shortlisted] (2016).
- Just Art National Competition [Runner Up] (2014).
- National Open Arts Competition [Shortlisted] (2014).
- Picturing Time Competition [Shortlisted] (2013).
Commissions and public works
- Unmarked pages on display at the St. Elizabeth’s Hospice, Ipswich (2015).
- Miracle of the Roses on display at the St. Elizabeth’s Hospice, Ipswich (2015).
- The unnamed tree* on display at the University Campus Suffolk, Ipswich (2012).
Published articles and features
- ‘Record-breaking Fine Art Auction’ East Anglian Daily Times (April 3, 2017)
- ‘…artwork at firm’ East Anglian Daily Times (Sept 4, 2015)
- ‘Inspiring art…’ East Anglian Daily Times (June 23, 2014)
- ‘New talent’ Exposure Magazine, UCS (May 8, 2013)
- Roy Lichtenstein: A retrospective, Tate Modern (Feb-Jun 2013)
- SNIP: Snape’s SNAP’s little brother (June 2013)